Monday, June 4, 2012

QAYG Library Tote

I recently heard of a quilting method called "Quilt As You Go". I had never heard of it before and all of a sudden, I was seeing it everywhere. I thought it would be a cool way to try and make a tote bag.






I think you know me enough by now to know that I LOVE BOOKS! I wanted a cute book bag to take to the library or bookstore with me- with enough room to fit a ton of books. I think this bag is perfect for that. I used the same dimensions as my square patchwork tote (15" by 15") but instead of a 3" gusset, I used 3.5" on this one. I love that the QAYG technique allowed me to quilt in different directions. It was a fun way to quilt the log cabin on the front.

My sister also asked me to make her a lunch sack for school this week. She liked the drawstring bag I made using Jeni's pattern (project size) so I made her this one using some of my favorite fabrics- Flea Market Fancy, A Walk In the Woods and Scratchy Scribble.


Before I sign off, would anybody be interested in making me a new header for my blog? And maybe some buttons?? I'm kinda bored with mine and I think the blog needs a new look. I don't have a big budget for design work right now but I'd love to pay you in goodies! Email me if you're up for the job: greenletterday at yahoo dot com. Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. this is super super cute bonnie! i love quilt as you go. i am planning on making a notebook cover this way. i love your fabrics. so bright and happy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the bag! Where did you find the QAYG tutorial? I've been looking for a good one for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I’d love for you to share this project on Tuesday’s Tidbits @ Naptime Delights: http://naptimedelights.blogspot.ca/2012/06/tuesdays-tidbits-3.html

    Thanks so much!
    Sarah
    {http://naptimedelights.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! The bag is really lovely! And your choice of fabrics is very nice :-) Jolana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bags!! I would love for you to link this up at the "I Made This" party at Grits & Giggles. http://www.gritsandgiggles.blogspot.com/2012/06/i-made-this-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to carry this kind of bag while going to art lessons. Learning new arts and using different art kits were so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for showing us such an amazing Bag. A perfect Vintage Posters gift wrap can complement your whole gifting idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!