Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Easter Swap Sign Up

It's almost Springtime! And with that comes Easter, one of my favorite holidays. In celebration, I'm hosting a little swap.


This time, I'm doing things a little differently though. I want to include our kids because it's one of the few holidays that is as much fun for them as it is for us! If you are not comfortable including your kids, that's totally understandable. I'll be hosting more swaps in the future.

You will be responsible for making one handmade goodie bag, pouch, or basket (see below for options) for each mommy and child you are assigned to.

Sign ups are limited to (3) three people. Mommy + children. If you have more than two kids, you can exclude yourself and sign up (3) kids. You will be assigned the same number of people as you sign up. ((For example: If you sign up yourself and only one child, you will be assigned another mommy with one child))

Fill the goodie bags with either handmade or store bought items. You can use pencils, stickers, candies, etc. for the kids and fabric scraps, sewing tools, chocolate, etc. for the mommies. These are only examples. The sky's the limit!

You have these three options to make and fill with goodies.
You are free to vary them any way you'd like.



1. Zipper Pouch (great tutorial here)


2. Drawstring Bag (great tutorial here)


3. Fabric Basket (great tutorial here)


I know my son LOVES receiving packages in the mail and he's 3! I want to make this special for them. If you feel like you're up for the challenge and are interested in signing up, email me at greenletterday (at) yahoo (dot) com with the following information:

Your name, number of children, children's gender and age (& name if you're comfortable with it), and mailing address

Please write the words EASTER SWAP in the subject line. I'll leave this sign up open until Thursday (March 8th) and then assign partners the following day. I assure you, nobody will see your information except myself and your partner. Looking forward to hearing from you!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely idea, so sweet to include kiddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, Just sent you an email!! My kids would love to make something to give to another child they don't know!! Especially if it includes anything crafty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a ton of fun! I have 2 questions to clarify the requirements. Are the children the ones who need to create something or just the parent? Also, do we need to use the tutorials that you have shown? What if we have our own version (but fairly close)of one of the options? For instance, I make my zippered pouches a bit different, but it is a cute zippered pouch. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't find your email in your profile so I'm hoping you'll see this reply. You are responsible for sewing up the bag/pouch. As for what fills it, that is completely up to you. You can have yours kids participate or not. The tutorials I mentioned are just examples of the three options of bags you can make. Like I said, you're free to vary them as much as you'd like.

      Delete
  4. I signed up for this, and got a confirmation that we were in, but then never heard back from you. Are we still doing this? If not, can you please let me know? Thank you so much~
    audrey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!